Did you know?
- Musicians are hard workers
- Musicians are paid professionals
- We have moved to Spokane from all over the world for this job - see our map of hometowns here!
- We have been practicing since we were children
- We have a similar level of professional training to doctors and lawyers
- We are responsible for providing and maintaining our instruments, which can cost thousands of dollars each year
- We prepare for rehearsals and concerts outside of paid working hours
- In addition to performing, we serve students at our local colleges, in the public schools, and as private teachers
- We have our own union to maintain integrity and high standards in our workplace
To maintain the professional-level orchestra that we have built, we need:
- Wages that reflect the increasing cost of living in Spokane
- Pay that reflects our increased workload over the last few decades
- More Symphony presence in our schools, community, and region
We are currently negotiating a new contract.
If you want to help us achieve our goals and secure a great future for our orchestra, please share this information with your friends and family.